This Friday, June 1, I’ll be performing at Seattle Art Museum’s event called Re-Mix, a massive evening filled with performances including…THE STORY SLAM, curated by Christa Bell.
I’ve been writing a new series of stories for this event (we have approximately 5 minutes to tell each story) and I’m thrilled to work in this form. More information about the event:
- DJ J-Justice (TRUST/City Soul/KBCS 91.3FM) spins global beats, hip hop, soul and more
- Midday Veil’s hypnotic rock meditations and vibrant projections in South Hall at 9:00 pm & 10:45 pm
- A site specific soundtrack of ambient sounds from SAM remixed live in the galleries by the Seattle Phonographers Union from 8:30-11:00 pm
- Sonic Interpretations live cello performance by Paul Rucker in the galleries at 9:15 & 10:30 pm
- A storytelling spoken word slam curated by writer Christa Bell at 8:45 pm, 9:30 pm & 10:15 pm
- SAM Performs: Stairway to Vinyl Listening Party with DJ Riz, listening stations and hands-on activities. Guest performances at 8:30, 10:00, and 11:00 pm.
- SAM Creates: Garage Sale. Artists Sol Hashemi and Elizabeth Abrahamson are having a Garage Sale! Peruse their collection of objects awaiting a new life.
- Create shimmering body art with Janet Fagan and an impromptu sculpture garden with Romson Bustillo
- My Favorite Things: Highly Opinionated Tours by artist and Stranger Genius nominee Amanda Manitach, visiting scholars Brenda Croft and Chris McAuliffe, photographer Matika Wilbur, artist John Feodorov, the Art Lending Library, artist Matika Wilbur, SAM Education & Community Engagement Committee members Ryan & Luanda Arai, and event designer Cori Ready!
Tickets may be purchased online, at the Ticketing Desk at any of SAM’s three sites or over the phone with a credit card by calling the Box Office at 206.654.3121.
Print-at-home ticket buyers: Enter at 1st Avenue and Union Street. Will Call ticket buyers and cash ticket sales: Enter at 1st Avenue and University Street (near Hammering Man).